Sunday, May 22, 2016

Aspiring Astronaut Fauna from America

Hello, people call me Fauna. I am a 16 year old High School student from America. I first became interested in outer space at a young age, I have always loved looking up at the stars and wondering what is out there. My interest started to peak in Middle School and my pursuit for knowledge about the cosmos and my love for astronomy and astrobiology made me make up my mind right away about my future career. I wanted to be an astronaut. As a child I always fantasized about being among the stars, exploring the final frontier, but I never thought I would ever try hard to pursue this career.

I love science, specifically Biology, and when I learned of experiments on the ISS involving growing plants and seeing how life forms reacted to the space environment intrigued me. I wanted to do exactly what they were doing. I wanted to go to space but keep the aspects of Biology that I had always loved. I have researched a lot since then on the job subject.

I want to become an astronaut more than anything, it's my dream job. But I also have doubts when it comes to it. People laugh when I tell them what I want as a career saying it's impossible, or people don't believe me when I say I am into astronomy, and astrobiology because of the way I look (colored hair, piercings, clothing style etc.). I'm also not the smartest person in the world, but I am trying hard to learn more every day. Even if I have doubts I need to push forward to achieve my greatest dreams, I just need to keep telling myself that I can do it, I WILL get into space. You just need to believe and work hard enough and you can achieve anything.

Right now I am in search of space/astronomy courses or classes to take, and even possible scholarships. NASA and other space camps or courses are something I would love to do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment