Friday, April 15, 2016

Astronaut Sagarika Chikhale from India!

Hello, my name is Sagarika Chikhale. I am 20yo Aspiring Astronaut from India. When i introduce this to someone or someone ask about me,they react with big eyeball asking how someone like me have an interest in such a boring stream and i don't know why they think like that.Here i am saying today that Aerospace Industry is only amazing field having number of opportunities,not only this,this is addiction if you following this through internet,media and by mistake if someone ask you about space you will definitely not gonna leave him/her until you get satisfied with your discussion.
It's really amazing when you are part of this.One question arises here why i love night sky,rockets,stars,satellites,etc. Well,since when i was in 6th standard i can remember looking up at night sky, i wonder what the stars where made of but most of all i dreamed to someday going there, only i knew that it would happen i would go to space.
This all come from when i was in 6th standard we had a chapter and name was 'An Indian-American Woman In Space', she was Astronaut Kalpana Chawla,1st Indian Woman Astronaut.That time i was thinking by looking her picture in textbook, What she is she wearing like orange suit and was sitting with helmet and i thought biker instead of Astronaut.That was the first time i ever heard of Astronaut. When my teacher said story of her my whole life was changed.I have spend weeks for the searching of astronomy.Initially i had no sources to more understand space.I used newspaper cuttings to raise my knowledge.Along the way i realized that the journey that i traveled and those experiences was so important to me.
As we all know Abigail Harrison,famous teenage Aspiring Astronaut she said 'Space is looking for people who are passionate about what they do,not for those who think they are fit for this job' and i agree with her statement.

Through my journey i met two honorable person, Astronaut Story Musgrave from NASA and Lluis Gesa from European Space Agency(ESA). Astronaut Musgrave taught me one thing, do what you loved to do and if you really want to do it, just do it and Lluis Gesa showed me to chase your passion. Lluis inspired me to do things to inspire someone else about their dreams,the way he had that.
Firstly,you have your own ambition your dreams-Astronaut,Doctor,Scientist whatever it may be and you need to talk this with other people.The first person other then me to believe in my dreams was my parents.I started saying i wanna be an Astronaut when i was just a kid.They saw me with two diaries.Those were full of news newspaper cuttings from big bang theory to how to become an Astronaut.They said why don't you be scientist or doctor.Its not they discouraged me,they didn't believed.I still remember the day when i was in 10th standard i was still saying i wanna be an Astronaut.That time my father said this is what you wanna do, you need to start working towards it and think about how you gonna get there.From that first time my parents become my biggest supporter.

Next,you have to acting big,this means,taking opportunities when they come upon you.When i organized an event in my college to inspire other that time for me to acting big,that event was biggest opportunity to present myself in front of other.All you need is to keep patience and stay strong.Even you need to surround yourself with those people who have dreams like you.For me other then my parents was my best friend Garima.She believed in me and my dreams,she supported me all the time and she still support me.
I believed that dreamers can change the world and everyone will support you until you support yourself.Must remember you can achieve whatever it is you wish to achieve.There will be setbacks,there will be doubters,there will be minded people who can think you are crazy and try to discourage you. But remember you create your own reality and you are capable of greatness.
Thank You..

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, thats a burning desire
    May the universe lead you to your desired state of being.

    ReplyDelete