Tuesday, November 17, 2015

M101 The Pinwheel Galaxy

This beautiful image is captured by my friend Tom Pickett.
"Hi Everyone.. I hope you are having a good day... 
smile emoticon

Here is a old image of M101, The Pinwheel Galaxy, I shot back in 3/24/2015, this one is without the star spikes and I have cropped it a little so it looks larger in the frame, I hope you like it.. smile emoticon 
I plan to revisit this target as soon as it up in the shy.. to add more data. I started learning my camera at this time and now I have a few better techniques of capturing this image so im going to try it.
Have a good day and clear skies.

Details
The Pinwheel Galaxy (also known as Messier 101, M101 or NGC 5457) is a face-on spiral galaxy distanced 21 million light-years (six megaparsecs) away in the constellation Ursa Major, first discovered by Pierre Méchain on March 27, 1781, and communicated to Charles Messier who verified its position for inclusion in the Messier Catalogue as one of its final entries.

Equipment Details
Camera: Canon EOS T3i/600D (Un-Modified)
Lens: Canon 75-300mm set at 300mm F5.6
Exposure: 3 Minutes each
ISO: 1600
Number of Stacked Images: 28
Number of Dark Frames: 28
Number of Bias Frames: 28
Mount: Celestron CG4 with Clock Drive
Stacking Software: DeepSkyStacker
Processing Software: Photoshop CS6, Camera Raw
Shooting Date/Time 3/24/2015 12:32:23 AM"

No comments:

Post a Comment