Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Aspiring Astronaut Iram from Pakistan!!!

Assalam.u.alaikum!
I'm a Muslim. My name is Iram Farooq. I'm 17 years old. I'm from Faisalabad, a city in Pakistan. I'm a aspiring astronaut for NASA. I love astronomy since I was 6 years old. When I was 6 years old, I ask others different questions about sky, moon and stars. When I was 7 years old I came to know about space life. I  were searching someone who listen to me and give me answers. Due to interesting answers, my interest in astronomy became my passion and I started to learn about space life at the age of 8 years. But due to lack of support and facilities about astronomy in Pakistan, I did not find answers of my some questions. In 2012, when I were a school student, I read a story book from school library. The name of the book was "Azeem Sciencedaan". This was a very interesting scientist's life and their work story book. After reading book, I became more interested in astronomy and life in space. 
During my school study i read a quote 'Imagination is more important than knowledge' I love this quote and then I started to imagine the space. Always at night I look up at the sky and see stars for a long time and imagine the space. I searched about that quote and know that the author of the quote is Albert Einstien. Then I read more quotes of Einstein from internet and followed them. 
I dreamed a lot about space. In my one dream I saw myself on moon with some other people. The amazing thing was that there was a colony on moon. But the reality is opposite. But my this dream moves towards mars. Now I'm a aspiring Mars girl Astronaut. But if i get a chance to land on moon then is enough. Because my goal is towards Mars and Moon as well. I studied hard at school, mostly in science subjects. In 2016, in my intermediate level part 1 final examination I got 87.3% marks. Good thing is that i got 142/150 marks in maths and 143/150 marks in physics because these are my favourite subjects, important for aspiring astronauts as well. 
I love flying. Therefore I decided to become an aerospace engineer as a starting career for astronaut, and wanna flying a helicopter. In 2017, because I got good marks in science and I love science so i choose science subjects as a pre-engineering student. Daily I search about space life, ISS and NASA Astronaut requirements.
People told me that not to become an astronaut because they thought that it's difficult and impossible for me, and I can't do it. But I did not believe them. I asked them that how is their tomorrow? They answered that they don't know and this is impossible to know! Then I replied that if they don't know about their tomorrow then how they know about my tomorrow!
Unfortunately, In Pakistan, there is lack of facilities and oppotunities for astronomy lovers but I keep doing what I really like and really wanna do. My parents always support me.
I advise others that please don't listen that what other say, only listen that what your heart says. Don't give others the right to change your dreams. Give this right only to yourself. Be confident. Think that you can do whatever you want.
I'm fully confident and ready for fighting against hurdels.
I'm The Mars girl @eyeofastronomy. 
Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. You are on a right path. Keep it up.
    Best wishes from India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring and I pray you get to follow your dreams. Good Luck from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mistake. 87.3% marks in matric. I'm studying in part 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coooooooooooool
    Future astronaut...☄
    Future cosmologist...
    Future Carl Sagan

    ReplyDelete